Happy Easter everyone! Well, happy belated Easter blog-land.
What a great weekend I had! It was so hard to come in to work today. Luckily, Busy had a dr's appointment at 9:00 this morning, so I got to come in to work late. Unfortunately, she didn’t' realize that meant we could all sleep in today, so she still woke up at 5:00...which means I woke up at 5:00.
Did everyone have a good Easter? Mine was pretty good. My extended family gets together the Saturday before Easter every year to celebrate, so that each individual family can do their own thing on Sunday. Saturday went pretty well, except that my mom was sick so she didn't make it. Busy didn't get to hunt eggs with the bigger cousins this year (she might have gotten trampled!), but she did have her very own jelly-bean shaped plastic Easter eggs to play with...she thought they were pretty cool (and tasty!). Sunday began with a mini-Easter egg hunt at our house, although Bruiser was much more successful at egg-finding than Busy was. The festivities ended there, and by about 9:00 a.m. I had the entire rest of the day to do whatever I wanted...
Well, not really. The hubby had planned on finishing the shed he's building in the backyard, but the rain changed those plans so he stayed inside and played with Busy quite a bit. That allowed me to do the following:
• Clean Busy's room
• Wash, dry, fold, and put away 5 loads of laundry
• Cook chicken and make a giant pot of chicken stock to freeze for later
• Use above-mentioned chicken to make a chicken tortilla casserole
• Bake a breakfast casserole for pre-made breakfasts this week
• Soak beans to make P-Dawg's famous beans in the crock pot today (recipe to follow if she'll let me share - I thought it was on her blog (visit her here) but I searched and can't find it)
• Puree peaches and pumpkin with my awesome immersion blender to freeze in individual-size portions for Busy
• Take Busy to the grocery store (where I only spent $21.25! I was planning on under $20 so that's not too bad)
• Clean the guest bathroom
• Give Busy a bath
• Vacuum (Busy helped me; she was in her Moby and loves vacuuming)
• Take Busy and Bruiser for a walk
I know, can you believe I got all that done!? Granted, bullets 3 through 5 took place after Busy went to bed and forced me to stay up until midnight, but still...I got it all done.
I also bought this over the weekend. Parents or parents-to-be, I can't even tell you how much I love this space-saver high chair. I have a cute, antique wooden high chair that I got from my brother and sister-in-law, and I was determined to use it and nothing else. I didn't want a plastic highchair that got in the way and looked, well, cheap. Alas, the wooden highchair, while gorgeous, is not so great: Busy slides around in it and ends up slouching down, she leans to far and hits her head on the wood, and honestly, I have to dust it (I love cleaning, but I HATE dusting). It may be better when she's a little bigger, but for now, I've been looking at other options and finally bought a space-saver high chair this weekend.
I. LOVE. IT.
End of story. Get one, you'll love it too.
Happy Monday everyone!