Friday, February 4, 2011

Meet Some Other Bloggers

Last Saturday Busy and I had dinner with a group of gals who are all totally amazing in so many different ways. Why did we all gather, you ask? It was the first annual EG Bloggers Dinner!

L to R: ME, Tracy, Heather, Katie, Hutch

Having dinner with Tracy, Heather (my sister-in-law), Katie, and Hutch was just the motivation I needed to continue blogging, especially as I was toying with the idea of creating an additional blog (check out my new blog following my journey to health by clicking here). I went to school with each of these ladies, and graduated in the same class with all but Heather. Katie and I were even best friends from elementary school into high school! I’ve been reading their blogs, chatting with them on Facebook, and following their tweets for some time, but with the exception of Heather, I hadn’t really seen any of them in person in quite some time. I never would have thought that blogging would have been the thing that brought us all together.

It appears that I’m the last of the five to blog about the dinner, so I won’t go into too much detail; if you want to read more about it (and really, you should), Heather did an awesome job of putting metaphorical pen to paper on her blog here. I’ll simply say that these are the five blogs I read the most, and if you haven’t already, you need to check them out. Tracy can dress anyone in any style “on the cheap,” Heather can describe even the most mundane day with a style and grace of writing I could only hope to have, Katie has fantastic regular features that I look forward to reading each week and keeps me shouting at my computer, “Me too!”, and Hutch constantly makes me snort liquids through my nose.

It was a great night and I can’t wait to meet up with them again!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you posted about it! :-)

    I'm thinking an early March meet-up....before Baby On-the-Cheap comes out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Baby On-the-Cheap, I love it!

    March works for me, but not the 12th! Ooh, and possibly not the 5th.

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.