Some days I just don’t have a full topic to blog about, but I try to save random thoughts or occurrences and figured I’d combine them into one blog post. This is one such post.
1. I’m almost 35 weeks pregnant, and last Friday my coworkers decorated my cube with pink and white streamers and other baby decorations. Today no less than three people (and it’s only noon) have come by to congratulate me on the baby, not having known I was pregnant. I’m not sure if I should take this as a compliment (e.g. I haven’t gained much weight), or be a little offended (e.g. I don’t look pregnant because I was already chunky). Maybe it’s just a testament to how unobservant people are.
2. I let someone over on the freeway this morning, and the person actually waved. NO ONE waves anymore, and that’s one of my big pet peeves. It made me smile when they waved.
3. Today someone at work returning to their desk from the restroom stopped me to talk as I was on my way to the restroom. This happened several times last week, too. Don’t people realize it’s not a good idea to stop a pregnant woman on her way to the restroom!? Although, maybe these were the people who didn’t (and/or don’t) know I’m pregnant.
4. Yesterday I was sitting at a stop light and I saw a small Saturn coupe also waiting at the light. Something or someone was in the passenger seat, but I couldn’t make out what/who it was. Upon closer inspection, I saw it was a Great Dane…sitting in the passenger seat of a tiny convertible coupe. I think the top had to be down on the car because the dog’s head was taller than the windshield! It was adorable, and the dog looked like they were having a great time.
5. Here’s another pet peeve – people who don’t drive the speed limit. I’m not saying everyone should speed, but in the past week I’ve been stuck behind three separate people on three different days who were going 40 MPH on a 55 MPH road near my house. Learn the speed limit, or take another road if this one is uncomfortable for you (it’s a little bumpy and narrow, but totally straight). This drives me NUTS! Drive the damn speed limit already.