Things I like about being pregnant (so far):
- Being pregnant in general.
- Getting to experience being pregnant myself instead of listening to others talk about it.
- Knowing that at the end of pregnancy, there’ll be a cute baby.
- Knowing that if I overindulge every once in awhile, it’s okay…the baby needs nutrition!
- If I’m not feeling well, my husband takes very good care of me.
- During the first 10 weeks, knowing that I had my own little secret.
- That I’m not barfing (although feeling queasy is no picnic).
Things I don’t like about being pregnant (so far):
- Having headaches and not being able to take anything (those of you who know me know I used to have headaches every day, and quite often didn’t take anything…but knowing that I CAN’T take anything somehow makes the headache worse).
- Feeling tired ALL THE TIME.
- Feeling occasionally queasy and quite often bloated.
- That my digestive tract has slowed, and I quite often feel sick after eating.
- My pants already feel snug, and the waist digs into my stomach when I sit.
- People constantly asking me how I feel and/or offering unsolicited advice*.
*This last bullet refers not to friends and family who actually care about how I feel, but about those people (be they coworkers, strangers, acquaintances) who use "How are you feeling?" as a conversation starter, when really we have nothing to say to each other.