Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Likes and dislikes

NOTE - I edited my last statement regarding what I don't like about pregnancy...because I realized it sounded harsher than I meant it to.

Things I like about being pregnant (so far):


  • Being pregnant in general.
  • Getting to experience being pregnant myself instead of listening to others talk about it.
  • Knowing that at the end of pregnancy, there’ll be a cute baby.
  • Knowing that if I overindulge every once in awhile, it’s okay…the baby needs nutrition!
  • If I’m not feeling well, my husband takes very good care of me.
  • During the first 10 weeks, knowing that I had my own little secret.
  • That I’m not barfing (although feeling queasy is no picnic).

Things I don’t like about being pregnant (so far):


  • Having headaches and not being able to take anything (those of you who know me know I used to have headaches every day, and quite often didn’t take anything…but knowing that I CAN’T take anything somehow makes the headache worse).
  • Feeling tired ALL THE TIME.
  • Feeling occasionally queasy and quite often bloated.
  • That my digestive tract has slowed, and I quite often feel sick after eating.
  • My pants already feel snug, and the waist digs into my stomach when I sit.
  • People constantly asking me how I feel and/or offering unsolicited advice*.

*This last bullet refers not to friends and family who actually care about how I feel, but about those people (be they coworkers, strangers, acquaintances) who use "How are you feeling?" as a conversation starter, when really we have nothing to say to each other.

3 comments:

  1. go get yourself some full panel pants at Kohls...i waited until almost the end of my pregnancy and wis i would have bought them so much sooner!! (just some more unsolicited advice!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and can you tell I'm typing with a 9 month old in my arms?? Geez, spelling anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know the rubber band thing with the button? I can show you. It is a nice solution while you're in-between regular and maternity clothes and with a long shirt it won't show.

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.