Thursday, February 4, 2010

I have some news...

Those of you who follow me on Facebook now know my secret – I do indeed have a bun in the oven! I’m pretty excited, and it’s been all I’ve wanted to write about…hence my scarcity in Blog Land for the last 10 weeks.

I have to say, pregnancy so far is pretty boring. I don’t know about the rest of you, but until my first dr’s appointment three weeks ago, I didn’t even believe I was really pregnant (even though three separate home pregnancy tests told me otherwise…and actually it still doesn’t really feel “real”). I haven’t been sick (thank GOD), I do have to pee more often but I’ve been drinking more water, and I’m worn out all the time, but I’m not completely exhausted when I get home every day. So for myself, before I told the rest of the world, I needed the dr to confirm that yes, there really was a baby in there (just one, thank goodness), and yes, everything was okay.

Even after the dr confirmed the pregnancy, and I had my own little sonogram picture to carry with me, I still didn’t want to tell everyone. When I first found out, those first few days, I wanted to tell everyone – my friends, my family, the woman behind me in line at the grocery store. However, the longer I waited, the more I wanted to wait; it was nice to have our own little secret. Plus it became sort of a game to me, to see how long I could wait before telling everyone.

Well, the secret’s out. Not only does everyone on Facebook know, but I finally told everyone at work today as well. And let me tell you, my coworkers are not quiet, nor are they shy. I think everyone in the vicinity of our cubicles knows – but that does save me the trouble of telling the rest of the office.

I’m sure as time goes by I’m going to be blogging about pregnancy a lot more. I hope you guys don’t mind. Those of you who’ve had babies will feel my pain/joy/excitement, and those of you who haven’t, well, I hope I can share something with you that you didn’t know. I read Jenny McCarthy’s book “Belly Laughs” this weekend, and I appreciated her openness – although there are a few things I wish I still didn’t know.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even tell you how happy I am for you and Grant! :-) That's awesome - did you know when we had dinner? And you didn't mention it, even when we talked about kids? That's crazy willpower!

    I would love to read your blogs about pregnancy - please scare me into NOT wanting one, k? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.