Friday, December 18, 2009

Current Projects!

Lately, I've felt the need to take a break from blogging. I've had so many things going on that I've become completely unorganized...and when I'm unorganized, I feel out of control. Then, I spend all my time trying to get organized, which leaves little time for anything else (like completing the mountain of projects I'm in the middle of).

I've been working on many things lately, which has led to a lack of doing housework, laundry, cooking...this week I've taken lots of stuff to Goodwill, gotten my house cleaned up and gotten on top of my laundry, so now, I'm feeling in control.

I love feeling in control.

But wait, that's a totally different post. This is supposed to be about my current projects.

First, an explanation - I don't have anything I'm really passionate about. I like lots of things, but I'm not into any one particular thing enough to, say, start a business doing it. Lately, this seems to be a problem, because I spend my free time trying to master cooking, baking, quilting, sewing, decorating, cleaning, etc., etc., etc. This leads to many, many unfinished projects. Like these:

I'm making this quilt as a wedding gift for my friend Renee. She got married in August...although in my defense, I was the Matron of Honor, and there was NO WAY to finish this before the wedding.

I'm working on a photo project. It started as organizing a box of my mom's photos...it's morphed into organizing, scanning, and completing a family history. (Who's that cute little baby on top...? Oh yeah, it's me!)

I'm making my friend some terry cloth burpers for her little one due in January. The top two are samples, and the bottom photo shows the fabrics I'm making Joey's burpers in.



Below is a good example of my recent unorganization...my craft room/office/sewing room. The mess is incredibly disturbing.



Nine months in my house and I've finally started decorating my house (well, the walls, anyway). This is my oh-so-cool plate-wall-decoration-thingy. Made cooler by the fact that I got it on clearance!

I also put up a few wedding pictures. I'm going to have a few canvases printed as well...can't wait! Just have to figure out where to have that done.

Another project I don't have a picture of - making aprons. I found the cutest pattern to make aprons, and I was sure I could dive right in and make aprons for everyone I know. However, I haven't sewn clothes in...15 years? So, I haven't started yet. But I'm going to!

So, this has been my life lately, along with working full time and taking care of the house. And, learning how to be more like Martha Stewart and Monica Geller! And Julia Child...but that's another post too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.