Monday, November 23, 2009

I hate Kohls

I've never been a big fan of shopping at Kohls. The only thing I ever really find their is holiday stuff that's on clearance (like the $4 tablecloth I recently found). Otherwise, nada.

Why? They may have great sales, but like Mervyns, I always find that their sales are not great. Sure, you may save $30 according to your receipt...but the sweater you just bought is still $35 instead of $65. I'm sorry, occasionally that's okay, but I'm cheap.

The other reason is that in Kohls, I have to try EVERYTHING on. In some stores, I know what size I am, and that size is a constant no matter what I'm trying on. In Kohls, size can change by designer, or simply by whether it's a long or short sleeved shirt! Also, I'm not a size 6. Never have been, never will be, and I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is that Kohls has a HORRIBLE SELECTION of clothes in larger sizes. Sometimes, a large shirt fits me. Sometimes, an extra large. Sometimes, I just need a plus size shirt, and I'll be damned if I can find one there. Oh wait, I did find one, but plus size to Kohls means super long with no shape to the shirt whatsoever, and their plus size section comprises maybe less than 1% of their entire women's clothing section.

Now, I know why. In an article in the paper this morning, I saw this comment:

"Kohl's, the department store, not only varies its mix by climate – wool coats in Spokane, Wash., but not in Orlando, Fla. – but by lifestyle and size: More small sizes in California and other states with sizable Asian populations and more large sizes in, say, Milwaukee, Maschmeyer said. Shorts might not go on sale as fast in warmer climates as in the Northeast."

Apparently, Kohls caters to Asian women. Great for them, not for me. See if I ever shop there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.