Monday, September 28, 2009

My Starbucks Experience

I love Starbucks.

I do. I know, we've talked about it a lot on this here blog. I love the smell and taste of the coffee, the fact that the baristas know my name, and just the overall experience.

Yesterday, I went to my favorite local drive-through Starbucks. I got an iced Pumpkin Spice latte, and drove home to leisurely sip my drink as I did homework on a fine Sunday afternoon.

Later last night, I was doing the dishes and getting the kitchen cleaned up. There was a bit of latte left in the cup, so I dumped the latte down the sink before throwing the cup in the trash. As I tilted the cup and watched the latte drain out, I heard a "clink."

Hm, strange. All the ice had melted, so I thought this was a bit strange. I looked into my sink and saw...

...a dime.

Yep, someone's dirty, filthy, germ-laden dime was in my latte.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

It was too late to call Starbucks, so I stopped by tonight after I left the gym. The manager was apologetic and gave me a free drink (dime-free), then had me fill out an Incident Report. She figures that a dime dropped from someone's hand into the ice machine on it's way to the tip jar; apparently the tip jar for the drive-through window is kept near the ice machine. I wondered aloud how many other people had gotten an extra surprise in their drinks.

I really hope someone from the corporate office calls me. After all the germs I drank, I think I deserve more than one free drink. After all, I probably paid for that store.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for going back and telling them! That's just gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... this is so crazy!! At starbucks! I can't believe it! So glad you went back and said something!

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.