Thursday, August 13, 2009

Addendum to today's shopping post

I decided to visit Oprah's website after reading this morning's article on CNN.com, and was reading some financial tips from Suzy Orman. I love Suzy Orman - she gives real life advice that is practical, and often easy to apply in your life.

One of the tips from Suzy corroborated my feelings on shopping that I discussed in today's earlier post, and so I thought I'd post Suzy's advice today as well. You can read all of Suzy's tips here (I think there were only three).

"Adjust your attitude toward spending. The only way you will ever permanently take control of your financial life is to dig deep and fix the root problem. For example, if you have credit card debt, there's a very good chance that what needs to change is your spending. There's a reason so many people who declare bankruptcy once end up back in bankruptcy court again: They continue to live beyond their means. I guarantee that if you make the commitment to changing your behavior so you can live without financial stress, you will have a vastly richer life."

Sing it Suzy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.