Today I was reading a few new blogs, which happen to be written by people I went to high school with (it’s so fun to catch up with people I used to know!). One of the blogs has a regular feature called “Thankful Thursday.” Each week, the blogger writes what she’s thankful for that particular week.
What a great idea!
Since today is Thursday, I thought I’d start my own weekly Thankful Thursday feature. I’ll warn you now that they won’t always be deep, gut-wrenching things I’m thankful for…it may just be a particularly good latte I had or a nice customer service agent. Anyway, here are the ten things I’m thankful for this week:
1. Home cooked meals. So far this week I’ve made a pasta bake, tortilla casserole, and chili. Yum!
2. Fresh fruit. After being on vacation and not eating healthy every moment of every day, it’s great to have a freezer full of bright, fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
3. Starbucks iced venti decaf latte. Yes, I started drinking coffee again (just lattes), and after being on vacation for five days, one of those babies was heaven.
4. Air conditioning. While on vacation the a/c broke in our house – and it was over 100 outside. Today they fixed it…six days later.
5. Overtime. They are now offering overtime at work, which is nice since I’ve had 15% of my paycheck cut.
6. Cleaning. I didn’t get to do my usual weekend cleaning since I was on vacation, so my house is a little dirty. Today I’ve enjoyed doing dishes, picking up, doing some laundry…yes, I do like cleaning!
7. My niece and nephew. They were with us on vacation, and they are a constant source of entertainment.
8. JoAnn’s. I’m still in a very crafty mood, so I paid a visit to JoAnn’s yesterday for some fabric. I’m going to make a quilt with simple 9-patches…I’ll post pictures as I make it.
9. Gardening. I got two tomato plants from my neighbor, and this weird tree-like clipping from my grandpa. Yesterday I finally got them all in the ground! Yes, this is the extent so far of my gardening.
10. Dinner with my mom. Yesterday I was going to run some errands and my mom happened to call as I was walking out the door. She was in town and so I ran errands with her, and then we went out to dinner. It was so nice to have dinner with her; since she retired I don’t get to have lunch with her at work anymore.
Okay, so is anyone thankful for the same things? Or, what are you thankful for this week? Let me know!