Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

Today I was reading a few new blogs, which happen to be written by people I went to high school with (it’s so fun to catch up with people I used to know!). One of the blogs has a regular feature called “Thankful Thursday.” Each week, the blogger writes what she’s thankful for that particular week.

What a great idea!

Since today is Thursday, I thought I’d start my own weekly Thankful Thursday feature. I’ll warn you now that they won’t always be deep, gut-wrenching things I’m thankful for…it may just be a particularly good latte I had or a nice customer service agent. Anyway, here are the ten things I’m thankful for this week:

1. Home cooked meals. So far this week I’ve made a pasta bake, tortilla casserole, and chili. Yum!
2. Fresh fruit. After being on vacation and not eating healthy every moment of every day, it’s great to have a freezer full of bright, fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
3. Starbucks iced venti decaf latte. Yes, I started drinking coffee again (just lattes), and after being on vacation for five days, one of those babies was heaven.
4. Air conditioning. While on vacation the a/c broke in our house – and it was over 100 outside. Today they fixed it…six days later.
5. Overtime. They are now offering overtime at work, which is nice since I’ve had 15% of my paycheck cut.
6. Cleaning. I didn’t get to do my usual weekend cleaning since I was on vacation, so my house is a little dirty. Today I’ve enjoyed doing dishes, picking up, doing some laundry…yes, I do like cleaning!
7. My niece and nephew. They were with us on vacation, and they are a constant source of entertainment.
8. JoAnn’s. I’m still in a very crafty mood, so I paid a visit to JoAnn’s yesterday for some fabric. I’m going to make a quilt with simple 9-patches…I’ll post pictures as I make it.
9. Gardening. I got two tomato plants from my neighbor, and this weird tree-like clipping from my grandpa. Yesterday I finally got them all in the ground! Yes, this is the extent so far of my gardening.
10. Dinner with my mom. Yesterday I was going to run some errands and my mom happened to call as I was walking out the door. She was in town and so I ran errands with her, and then we went out to dinner. It was so nice to have dinner with her; since she retired I don’t get to have lunch with her at work anymore.

Okay, so is anyone thankful for the same things? Or, what are you thankful for this week? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. What - you quilt? I will be thankful if you take my concert t-shirt idea and agree to make me a quilt (or two). I'll pay you for your mad quilting skills. :) And, after tomorrow I will have one more shirt to add to it! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for blogs written by high school buddies! It's fun to catch up. Your chili recipe looks really yummy...will have to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.