Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm back!

Yes, it's been a month since I've written anything. Okay, over a month. Here's the reason why: I sit at a computer all day long, and I can't really blog at work. When I get home, there is nothing I'd like to do less than sit at my home computer. So, blogging loses out.

However, Heather and I were talking last night about how much we both like to write, and she said she commits to at least one blog post each night. So, now I am doing the same thing. I can't guarantee one a night, but I can certainly guarantee a few a week.

Today I was on Google trying to find a recipe for organic whole wheat chocolate chip cookies (yes, really) and somehow, I came across a new blog about a woman who lives on a 240-acre farm in Missouri and raises sheep. You should read it, so I've provided the link here. I've also added it to my "Links" section on the right side of my blog.

Anyway, just reading a short amount of her blog made me realize how much I miss living in the country. I miss all the lambs, I miss how much exercise I got without realizing it (if I tried to pick up a bale of hay today, I'd probably die). I miss being a cowgirl (yes, I really was one for all of you who didn't know me back then; I still am, at heart). We just bought our first house, and it's in a housing development, but in a few years (hopefully), we'll move on to our house in the country.

In the meantime, I just about have my office unpacked, so I'll find some pictures from the good old days.

More tomorrow...it's nice to be back!

2 comments:

  1. 1) Yay blogging!
    2) Yay writing!
    3) That sheep lady blog is worth it just for the adorable banner alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I want to steal her banner. But I suppose stealing is wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.