Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I love this website!!

Many of you know that I love to write, and to be perfectly honest, I think I'm pretty good at it. However, there are times (many times) when I'm not sure just how to say something, or whether I'm formatting something correctly, etc.

I have my trusty writing manuals and style guides for just these occasions; I keep two at work (Franklin Covey Writing Style Guidelines and The Gregg Reference Manual) and I have several at home. But in the past year or so, I've found myself using an online site more often than my handy reference materials.

What site is this, you ask?

The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue...it is the MOST amazing website!! (Click here to visit the OWL.) I love that they make it a public site, not something strictly for Purdue students. Need help beginning the writing process? Visit the OWL. Don't know how to format that citation in MLA style? Visit the OWL. Not sure how to write that memo at work? Visit the OWL.

I'm telling you, every question you have about writing, they have the answer. And it's very easy to use...not like some style guides or websites where the information may be there, but you sure can't find it.

Check it out - I think you'll enjoy it!!

No? What, am I the only one who enjoys reading about writing style guidelines? Are you...are you sure?

1 comment:

  1. I know. I love the OWL. Good ol' Purdue. I wouldn't go as far as saying I'd look there for a good time though...

    But I certainly get enough English teacher-geekery at school to last a lifetime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.