Thursday, March 19, 2009

Today I'm thankful for...

Give Thanks1. My drive to work. Living downtown with a three-minute commute, I'd forgotten how nice it can sometimes be to be by yourself, in the car, listening to RAD or belting out a tune along with the radio. It's peaceful in my car by myself. I know that eventually I'm going to have to start taking the bus or the lightrail, so I'm trying to enjoy my solo commute right now.

2. Brown-bag lunches. I don't like making lunches, but it sure is nice to have your lunch all ready to go at work. I like not having to decide what to have, or stand in line for the microwave, or waste half my lunch hour going to get something. I have also discovered eating in my car; it's not sad and pathetic like I used to believe it was. It's peaceful, and wonderful, and relaxing. I can read my book, eat my sandwich, and no one disturbs me for one entire hour. Heaven!

3. Weekends. I'm patiently witing for the next one. Okay, you got me - I'm not patiently waiting, Im tapping my foot and wasting time at work not working but in fact blogging because I'm avoiding work because I just want it to be the weekend! Whew!

4. Iced caramel macchiatos. Okay, so it's been a LONG time since I've had one of those. Usually they're too sweet for me now, but for some reason, it just sounded good. And boy, is it good.

On a side note, someone in the office just burned popcorn. Now I'm just sitting here, hoping the fire alarm will go off so there'll be some excitement in my day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.