Saturday, March 7, 2009

The night before packing

I hate the "night before" packing. I always end up waiting until the last minute, and then just throwing things into random boxes. This time, I told myself it'd be different. We're moving to a house, not just another apartment. I'll be organized, I said; I'll have everything packed and ready.

And at first, I was doing so well. I packed, and I cleaned, and I took stuff to Goodwill. Then I packed some more, made a mess, and cleaned up a bit.

And yet, here I am - the night before the move, and I still have packing to do.

I HATE the feeling of the night before a move. You're exhausted, because you've inevitably been working all day, or for a few days, on the new place. You don't care about the old place, so you don't want to clean it as you pack. You just want to get some sleep, yet you know that if you stop packing, there's no way you'll get up early to finish.

So you plug along...packing less, blogging more.

Tomorrow's going to suck.

1 comment:

  1. I hope all the packing and moving when smoothly this weekend. I can't wait to see your new house. I am so happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.