Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Can I tell you a secret?

I thought you'd say yes.

So here it is - I have a LOT of pet peeves. Really. People bother me. It's funny, because I am often described as a people person, and I really do get along with most everyone. I think I'm pretty easy going, but there are certain things people do that just bug the crap out of me.

If you asked me on the spot for a list of my pet peeves, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I forget. But, when they happen, I think, OOOOHHH, that was it! That is exactly what just happened.

I walked into our training room to check on a class that is going on all week. I was in there for all of 30 seconds, and I heard two separate people use the following phrase:

"Just times it by that."

Times it? What are we in kindergarten? These are smart, fairly educated adults in a training class at work, and they're using the phrase "times it?" How have they never been taught to say that you should "multiply something by something else?"

Poor grammar bothers me like you wouldn't believe. I know I'm not perfect, but I've always prided myself on my writing and grammar skills. If I don't know how to say or write something, I'm going to look it up.

So, you're now privy to April's Pet Peeve #1 - poor grammar and English skills. I'll forgive you if you're sending me a text message...maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.