Monday, October 6, 2008

What a coincidence...or are there really coincidences???

Last night I wrote all about the power, the high I feel while shopping. Tonight, I had the TV on but wasn't really watching it. Dr. Phil came on, and it was all about this couple who was drowning in debt because they both went on shopping sprees! The woman had TWO closets full of clothes, half with tags; she had $4,000 worth of Coach purses and shoes. Her husband was just as bad, with an estimated $33,000 worth of stuff just in their home office alone.

If you've been reading my blog, it's pretty obvious that lately I've been feeling pretty retrospective...I'm trying to learn a little about myself, and maybe make some improvements along the journey. I'm amazed to even say this, but the Dr. Phil show tonight struck a chord with me. And I don't even like Dr. Phil!

It amazed me how many things this couple said that resonated with me. Luckily for me, I wasn't quite up to the extreme that they are, but in my own way, I was out of control. Also lucky for me, I realized it awhile back and think that I'm on the tail end of my own downward spiral. Thinking about having cash in the bank actually brings more excitement right now than thinking about buying something. What a turnaround!

Long story short, it's nice to see stories of other people that you can relate to. Makes you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.