Monday, August 25, 2008

Update on my new year's resolutions

I should have done this halfway through the year, but I was a little busy getting married. I was just scrolling through some old posts and I came upon my resolutions for 2008, so I thought I'd take a look at them and see how I'm doing:

1. I will read 50 books. My friend did it in 2007, and so I told her I'd do it with her in 2008.
Update: I haven't listed the books in awhile, but I have my recent reads written down. I'm
on 30 or so, I think. Not bad.

2. Although I will continue to curse (because I know I can't stop), I will use curse words that do not take the Lord's name in vain.
Update: Hm, forgot about this resolution.

3. I will stop (or at least drastically reduce) my caffeine consumption. People keep telling me it will help my headaches.
Update: I'm actually doing okay on this one. For awhile I was going to Starbucks twice a day
(eek, I know), and I did start drinking soda again. But, now I'm having tea or hot chocolate for
breakfast (instead of a triple latte), and I bought organic, decaf green tea.

4. I will keep in touch with my friends.
Update: doing okay!

5. I will save money every month to build up my emergency fund (yep, how exciting...).
Update: Wow, I forgot about this one, too...

6. I will get my nails done every 2-3 weeks. I'll fix a broken nail instead of ripping off the entire set. (I know this one sounds weird, but I'm horrible about nail maintenance...)
Update: You should see my nails - I've got hot pink powder. No really, it's cute! Although
I've decided to stop getting my nails done in order to start that savings account I mentioned in
number 5.

7. I will get some form of aerobic activity at least three times every week.
Update: Hm. I'm walking with my aunt and her dog, but twice a week. I'll work on it.

8. I will pay more than I owe on my bills.
Update: Not doing horrible on this one, not doing fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.