Thursday, May 15, 2008

Adventures in Food

In honor of my brother, who recently found out he's allergic to nearly every food under the sun (including carrots - come on now, who's allergic to carrots??), I've been trying to eat one new food a week, if not more, and break out of my comfort zone. This week's food was pretty far out there - buckwheat pancakes! I'll post pictures of them soon (because they look a bit funky), but you know what? They're pretty tasty! They're more like a dry cake consistency than a pancake consistency, but I ate them with spray butter and Smucker's sugar-free syrup, and they were pretty good. And btw, Smucker's is the best sugar-free syrup that I've found...it tastes just like syrup, unlike some of those other sugar-free syrups, like Eggo. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.