Thursday, April 3, 2008

MIA again

I know, I haven't posted in awhile. Work is again incredibly busy, as we still haven't filled the vacant position I'm covering. Speaking of work, I met a new employee the other day whom I went to highschool with. That makes two employees in this department that I went to highschool with, and one that I went to elementary school with - in a department of 160 people!

Also on the work front, I finally got my promotion! I'm three months into it now (and yes, it took three months to finalize...) but that means I'm halfway done with my probationary period. Yippee!

On the wedding side of things, plans are moving along. The flower girl, mother of the bride and mother of the groom all have dresses to wear; I think the matron of honor has one, but we may still be working on that. I've almost got a florist - right now we're working with two to get quotes that are FAR less than the first one I got. I really need to get into the wedding industry because the profit margin is outrageous...I'm sure there is something I could do on the weekends.

Hm, what else? Bruiser met a new dog the other day named Audrey. She is a gorgeous Rhodesian Ridge back (I know I spelled that wrong) who belongs to my boss. We went for a walk and Bruiser barked at Audrey at first, but then walked with her for almost two hours with no problems. Bruiser did get kicked out of Petsmart the other day - well, not kicked out by the store, but I made Grant take him to the car because he was barking his head off. How ironic that I was there looking for a bark collar...

I had the flu about two weeks ago now, and I'm finally getting over the coughing part. I always thought the flu was just a bad cold, and so I made fun of people who whined about the flu because I thought they were wienies. Well, apparently I've never had the flu before. I thought I was going to die. For three whole days I sat in my living room chair and did not move (apparently it was too much for the poor chair that was already sort of broken, because now it's completely broken). I had a book next to me, and I had the laptop next to me, and I didn't even have the energy to open either one. Bruiser laid on my lap all day for the first two days, but I guess by day three he was bored because he was running around the house being a monster. I watched the same four episodes of Law and Order all day (I did change the disc each day) because I didn't even want to get out of my chair and flip the disc over. It was horrible. Luckily, Grant didn't catch anything from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.