Monday, January 7, 2008

Birthday Resolutions

I never make New Year's resolutions, because really, who keeps them? Since my birthday (yesterday) is so close to New Year's, I decided to make Birthday Resolutions this year. Birthday resolutions sound like something that I can keep! Plus, 26 just feels like you're supposed to be responsible.

So, here is my list of realistic resolutions for 2008:

1. I will read 50 books. My friend did it in 2007, and so I told her I'd do it with her in 2008.
2. Although I will continue to curse (because I know I can't stop), I will use curse words that do not take the Lord's name in vain.
3. I will stop (or at least drastically reduce) my caffeine consumption. People keep telling me it will help my headaches.
4. I will keep in touch with my friends.
5. I will save money every month to build up my emergency fund (yep, how exciting...).
6. I will get my nails done every 2-3 weeks. I'll fix a broken nail instead of ripping off the entire set. (I know this one sounds weird, but I'm horrible about nail maintenance...)
7. I will get some form of aerobic activity at least three times every week.
8. I will pay more than I owe on my bills.

So, what are your resolutions??

1 comment:

  1. Right... so I'm the only one (so far) that has been posting comments to your blogs. Eeek! But I'm enjoying reading it! So, I'll share my resolutions. 1. To not be late (so far, so good). 2. Take better care of myself (which is very broad). And recetnly, I think I'd like to join the 50 books in 2008 club... although I rarely have time to read. So this might be tough. I think I'll make my list first. Ha, ha. Those are my resolutions.

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.