Wednesday, December 5, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things...

The other day my friend said someone asked her to name six things she couldn’t live without. I thought it sounded like fun so I thought of six things that I couldn’t live without at this point in my life. I didn’t include things like family and friends, because those are things I think most people can’t live without. This is my less-serious list, in no particular order. I told my friend about it and she said, “Wow, that is a really well-rounded, accurate description of you.” So I guess you’ll learn a lot about me in this post!

1. My purse – My purse is my world. It holds everything: my phone, my planner, iPod, money, make-up, lists. Everything. When I’m bored and sitting around, say waiting for an appointment or on a bus, there’s always something to do in my purse.

2. Google – I don’t know how I lived without Google. When I don’t know the answer to something, I Google it. My coworker will think out loud with a question and in seconds, I can email her the answer. I even Google myself sometimes – if you haven’t done it, you should try it.
3. The book The Devil Wears Prada – This is my all-time favorite book. Lots of people make fun of me for that, but I don’t care (and if you’ve only seen the movie, the movie is good, but the book is SO much better). I first read this book when I had a horrible, evil boss, so I could totally relate to it. I read this book all the time.

4. Office supplies – Office supplies, you may ask? I’ve loved office supplies since I was a little kid. In fact, one year for my birthday my parents got me a box of post-its, a few stamps and one of those bells you ring for customer service. It was the best birthday. I think if you have fun office supplies, it just makes working more fun!

5. My Blackberry/Planner – I use both a Blackberry and a paper planner. They hold everything – calendars, contacts, lists, passwords, wedding vendors and other planning info. I have a horrible short term memory, so I’m constantly writing things down and referring back to my notes.

6. Starbucks – I’m an addict, I admit it. I try making coffee drinks at home, and sometimes they’re fine, but I really enjoy going to get coffee. Somehow it tastes better out of one of those Starbucks cups! And I’m SO excited that they have the holiday drinks – gingerbread lattes and the red holiday cups, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.