Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Product Reviews

I've bought some new makeup recently, mostly on the advice of fellow blogger Allie. Everyday she takes a picture of what she's wearing and her makeup and posts it on her blog - I'm addicted to it! She put up some product reviews recently, so I decided to give some of them a try. The rest of the products that I bought on her recommendation are coming in the mail...I'll post a review when I receive them.


First was Nars Dolce Vita lipstick. Man, this lipstick feels good! It feels expensive, creamy, and is supposedly the most-wearable lipstick color for the majority of women. Well, this time I seem to be in the minority, because it just looked alright on me. It wasn't terrible, but the pinky/berry undertones of the lipstick made my skin with red undertones look redder. I think this really is a lipstick that most women can wear, but lots of things turn orangey on me, and this seems to be one of them.

The second thing I bought was Clinque Perfect Plum lipstick. This wasn't one of Allie's recommendations, but one I found on my own. I LOVE this lipstick! I wasn't sure of the color in the tube, but on it's this gorgeous berry/pinkie color that makes my eyes look really blue and my skin look really clear. It's super moisturizing too. The only problem is that it tends to wear off pretty quickly, and I'm not good at remembering to reapply. Once I master that, I'll be happy, because this is one fantastic lipstick!


The last thing I got was Sally Hansen's Airbrush Makeup. I was watching a What Not to Wear marathon recently and I noticed that the makeup lady always uses an aerosol makeup, and the people always look fantastic. I didn't know if it was from the makeup itself or the aerosol, so I decided to try this one when I saw it. When I first put it on, I was amazed - my skin looked fantastic!! However, after a day of wear, I was less than impressed. The makeup had gotten blotchy and I could see a lot of the redness of my skin peeking through. I tried again the next day, with the same results. Plus, under my eyes the makeup had settled so that it looked like I had big old lines!! I'm 25, and I haven't seen lines yet - let me tell you, that was a bad night. It was also the last time that I wore this makeup. It's too bad, because it really, really looked good when I first put it on. This one will not be a repeat purchase for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to leave a comment? Don't be shy, go ahead! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know someone is reading my little old blog.